APPLIED EXCEL OVERVIEW VIDEO
Excel Best Practices Overview:
By utilizing both basic and advanced Excel tools, this course is designed to dramatically improve a participant’s ability to use Excel efficiently. Whether you’re an investment banker, consultant, accountant, or specialist in healthcare, technology or industrials, this class offers the broadest, most valuable Excel skill set of any of course we offer.
Applied Excel Overview:
Through practical examples and annotated Excel guides, the course will improve the participant’s ability to use Excel efficiently to parse a large data set and interpret the results. By utilizing both basic and advanced Excel tools, students can dramatically improve their efficiency in data organization, allowing them to spend more time interpreting and sensitizing the data.Text
- Estimated time to complete is:
- Excel Best Practices: 4 hours
- Applied Excel: 10-15 hours
- Over 10 hours of video based instruction
- Course materials include videos and hands-on Excel exercises.
- Optimized for PC based Excel
- The Excel shortcuts in this course are not optimized for Mac versions of Excel, but this will not detract substantially from the course experience
Excel Best Practices:
- Basic Excel setup – macro security, iterations, calculations settings
- Financial modeling essentials – appropriate color schemes, page setup, and customizing toolbars in Excel
- Common shortcut keys and other efficiency tips
- Understanding how to efficiently design historical inputs and forecast financial projections
- Organization of data: (text to columns, RIGHT, LEFT, UPPER, LOWER, CONCATENATE, etc.)
- Lookup functions (VLookup, HLookup, MATCH)
- Pivot Tables
- Scenario analysis (CHOOSE, OFFSET)
- Introduction to macros and other format controls
- Creations of basic print macros
- Editing of basic VBA code
- Drop-down menus (combo boxes)
- Data validation and creation of dynamic text
- Sensitivity analysis using data tables
- There are no prerequisites.
- However, we reccomend taking Excel Best practices followed by Applied Excel when purchasing the Bundle.